This guide will assist you with upgrading MediaCP on CentOS or Debian linux operating systems.
The upgrade script will also upgrade Wowza Streaming Engine if installed on your system. You should only use our Linux Upgrade Script to upgrade to the latest supported version of Wowza Streaming Engine.
Upgrade from 2.1.9.x or older:
MediaCP now operates stand-alone and includes it’s own web server, database server, ftp server and utilities bundled. MediaCP 2.2.x operates on port 2000 and your panel will be redirected automatically to http://your-domain:2000 after upgrade.
To upgrade to 2.2.0, please use the standard Upgrade script below which will automatically detect your previous version and perform a migrate. The migrate tool will perform the following tasks:
- Install MediaCP 2.2.x to /usr/local/mediacp/
- Copy your database to MediaCP own mysql service and updates file paths
- Move your [MediaCP]/content directory to /usr/local/mediacp/content
- Stops all media services in 2.1.9.x
- Starts all media services in 2.2.x running as user mediacp
- Upgrade Wowza Streaming Engine to latest supported version
- Please make sure there is enough space in /usr/local/ for the content/ directory to be moved.
- As the entire database is copied, we recommend clearing the Advanced Reporting Statistics before beginning the upgrade to 2.2.x from Admin -> System Config -> RESET Reporting Statistics.
- Login to SSH as root.
- Run the following command
cd /root/;rm -f init;wget http://install.mediacp.net/scripts/init;chmod 777 init;./init upgrade;
- Follow the prompts specifically for an Upgrade Service.