This guide will take you through the steps to perform a quick installation of the Media Control Panel using the setup.sh script. The script installs all software prerequisites for MediaCP including the MediaCP itself.
- This script should only be operated by a qualified engineer.
- This script will attempt to install various libraries and software available by your default package manager such as YUM or APT-GET.
- A web server and MySQL server should be installed prior to installing the MediaCP.
You will need to determine and have ready the following information:
- MediaCP License Key
- Full URL of where you intend to install the MediaCP
For example: http://www.mydomain.com/mediacp
- Full path of where you intend to install the MediaCP.
For example: /var/www/html/
- Wowza Media Server License.
If you have purchased MediaCP Wowza Edition, you will also need a license from www.wowzamedia.com
Linux Install Script
- Login to your SSH
root login is a requirement, the installation will not function if you are not logged in as root or have sufficient sudo privileges.
- Navigate to your /root directory and download the setup script from our server:
# cd /root;
# wget http://www.cast-control.net/files/init.sh;
# chmod 777 init.sh;
- Launch the setup script by issueing the following command:
- Setup will now guide you through the installation process.
If you have difficulty, please consult with your server administrator.
- The installation may prompt you for various information during the process.
Once the process is completed, you will need to run the MediaCP Web Based Installation.