We are excited to announce the release of our next release for production use, featuring:
- Version numbers changed to semantic (a.b.c), latest major release is now version 2.3.0
- New release branches of LTS (Long Term Support) and Current
- Support for Flussonic Media Server
- Support for Clappr Media Player
- Additional Stream Targets support for Youtube, Periscope, Twitch, Shoutcast, Icecast & Custom RTMP
- Reseller limitations for Stream Targets
- HTTPS / SSL Proxy for Shoutcast 2.5.x streams
- DJ Manager support for services using sc_trans v2 AutoDJ
- Removal of older Fluid theme
The latest version is now version 2.3.0.
Version numbers now follow the following format: Major.Minor.Patch, for example 2.3.0 where 2 is Major, 3 is Minor and 0 is patch version.
- Major Version: includes non-backwards compatible changes
- Minor Version: includes feature and functionality changes
- Patch version: Bug & security fixes
Release Branches (LTS & Current)
In order to provide a more stable version of our software, we are introducing release branches of LTS and Current.
The LTS release branch includes the most stable version of the software, and will be the default version installed to your MediaCP. It will continue to receive maintenance patches until a new Current version is released; where the existing Current will become LTS.
The Current release branch includes the latest features, however may experience limited real world testing.
Existing customers can upgrade to the new Current release following our Upgrade Guide.
Flussonic Media Server
We are excited to announce the immediate support of Flussonic Media Server with MediaCP 2.3.0 (Current).
Flussonic Media Server supports:
- Live, Ondemand & TV Station Streaming
- Video Transcoding
- nDVR Support
- Stream Targets
New Stream Targets
After receiving a lot of support on our Features Trello Board, we have added support for additional Stream Targets including Youtube, Periscope, Twitch, Shoutcast, Icecast & Custom RTMP.
Story MCP-216 Add support for Youtube Stream Target Story MCP-251 Add support for Periscope Stream Target Story MCP-377 Add support for Twitch Stream Target Story MCP-414 Add support for Custom RTMP Stream Targets in WSE Story MCP-438 Add Shoutcast 1/2 & Icecast Stream Targets Story MCP-415 Change Stream Target drop down to checkbox with Brand Logos Story MCP-358 SSL Streaming Proxy for Shoutcast 2.5 Story MCP-304 Flussonic Media Server support for Video Streaming (Live, TV, Ondemand etc) including Domain Lock, DVR, and Stream Targets and Transcoder support Story MCP-398 Add dj metadata to Shoutcast 2 when streaming live through liquidsoap Story MCP-419 Add options to restrict which Stream Targets (FB,YouTube,RTMP,etc) can be used Story MCP-422 Add DJ Manager Support for sc_trans v2 services Story MCP-462 Implement Clappr player Story MCP-479 Upgrade PHP to 7.1.25