It is possible to use your own Facebook App with the MediaCP Stream Targets feature. There are several reasons why you might use your own app:
- To provide a custom brand when publishing content to YouTube
- To have control over the App & Review Processes
Before creating a Facebook App you should review and complete the following points:
- To integrate with a custom Facebook App, you must use a MediaCP Unlimited Subscription or Perpetual license.
- The MediaCP must be configured with HTTPS access
- You should read through Facebook Developer Policies and the App Review process before starting.
- Facebook will review your App before it will be usable, they will also require a login and instructions to the software to complete their review.
- You must include a clearly visible button to access your MediaCP application from your website. It will be checked in the App Review process.
- You will be required to complete a Facebook Business Verification before your app can be published live.
- Review Facebook Developer Policies
- What personal data is collected and why
- How we use your information
- Who we share your data with
- How to request deletion of account data
Create a new App
- Begin Create Facebook App
- Select app type of None
- Add Facebook Login product (not Facebook login for business)
- Don’t select any option on the Quickstart page, instead click on Settings from the side menu
- Copy the OAuth Redirect URI from MediaCP -> System Config -> Misc and enter in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs field, then Save changes.
- From the side navigation, select Settings -> Basic
- Fill in all the requested information, enter your MediaCP hostname for the App domain (i.e., demo.mediacp.net)
- Copy the App ID and App Secret and paste into MediaCP -> System Config -> Misc -> Custom Facebook App fields.
- From the side navigation, select App Review -> Permissions & Features
- Add all items as specified on this page in Required App Permissions & Features section
- Submit App for Review to make it live
Required App Permissions & Features
The below is a comprehensive list of the required Permissions and Features that must be enabled on your App to integrate with MediaCP for Stream Target features.
- Live Video API – Advanced Access
- Groups API – Advanced Access
- public_profile – Advanced Access
- email – Standard Access
- pages_read_engagement – Advanced Access
- pages_manage_posts – Advanced Access
- publish_video – Advanced Access
- pages_show_list – Advanced Access
- publish_to_groups – Advanced Access
Provide App Login & Review Steps
We recommend to use the below template as steps for Facebook to use in their App Review. Before sending this, we recommend to:
- Create a FB demo account and TV Channel in MediaCP, with a Stream Target created but not logged into Facebook yet.
- Update links in the template below
- Create a video of the process to upload to facebook
Please review the following procedure to test our app. In this example we use the "Big Buck Bunny" sample video so that you can test the stream. 1. Navigate to our website at https://www.mywebsite.com 2. Press the Login button at the top of the page 4. Enter login details as below: Username:fbdemo Password: [your-password] 5. The broadcast is already configured with Big Buck Bunny for this demo 6. Click on Stream Targets or use the direct link at https://yourdomain.com/controller/StreamTargets/46/show/3 4. Click on Facebook Demo 5. Press "Login In" button for Facebook and continue 6. Select Timeline or page target and press "Save" 7. The application will create a new live broadcast through the API and public the broadcast immediately.