Reseller Plans can be accessed through a link on the Administrators Dashboard.
A Reseller is capable of creating and managing their own Customers and Media Services.
Creating a Reseller Plan
The creation process is very simple and includes only a single field for the Reseller Plan Name. Once you have specified a name for the plan, you will be directed to the page to Manage the Plan configuration.
Managing a Reseller Plan
- Name – A simple label for the Reseller Plan is displayed to the Administrator and Reseller.
- Plugins – Specify the Media Service Plugins that can be created and managed by the Reseller account. When enabling a Video Plugin such as Flussonic, Wowza or Nginx RTMP; you will also need to specify Service Types on the Plugin Features tab, or otherwise the Reseller will be unable to create new services.
- AutoDJ Sources – Audio Services can include an AutoDJ service to play tracks from a Customers Media collection. Specify the type of AutoDJ sources that can be assigned by the Reseller account. Liquidsoap is the recommended AutoDJ for all Audio Streaming.
- Starting Port – It is possible to override the default Starting Port to clearly identify services managed by the reseller account. The default is to leave EMPTY which will use the default Starting Port specified in the System Config.
- Shoutcast & Icecast RTMP Services – If Wowza Streaming Engine is integrated, the MediaCP can provide an additional RTMP & HLS output for all audio services.
- Geo Locking Support – Specifies whether the Reseller is allowed to provide Geo Locking features to compatible Media Services.
- Maximum Services – The maximum number of media services that a reseller is allowed to create in their account. Defaults to Unlimited.
- Mount Points – The maximum number of (Audio Services) mount points that can be created across all reseller associated media services.
- Mount Points Per Service – The maximum number of (Audio Services) mount points that can be created for each individual media service.
- AutoDJ Instances – Specifies how many AutoDJ instances can be used on the reseller account.
- Bitrate – The maximum bitrate that a single service can be configured with. For an Audio Service this typically does not exceed 320Kbps, for Video 10Mbps is recommended limit and adequate for 4k streaming.
- Aggregated Bandwidth – Provides a limit based on an aggregated calculation from created media services by bitrate and # connections. The calculation is based on the assigned bitrate and connections to each service created by the reseller. For example a service with a bitrate limit of 128Kbps and 100 connections would be calculated to use 12800Kbps or 12.5Mbps. If the Aggregated bandwidth limit was set to 125Mbps then the reseller could create 10 x media services with a limit of 128Kbps and 100 Connections limit.
- Data Transfer – Maximum Bandwidth or Data Transfer that can be assigned to created media services. If the Data Transfer is set to 100 GB, then the reseller could create 10 media services with a bandwidth limit of 10 GB each.
- Disk Space – Maximum Disk space that can be assigned to created media services. If the Disk Space is set to 100 GB, then the reseller could create 10 media services with a disk limit (quota) of 10 GB each.
- Connections – Maximum number of connections that can be assigned to created media services. If the Connections is set to 1000, then the reseller could create 10 media services with a connection limit of 100 connections each.
- Service Types – Specifies the types of services that a Reseller can create such as Live Streaming, TV Station etc.
- Features – Specifies the features available to the Reseller to assign to newly created services.
- Transcoder Profiles – Specifies the qualities that can be assigned on creation. Use with caution, it only takes a small amount of transcoder profiles to overload a CPU. Review Transcoder Benchmarks for more information.
- Stream Targets – Specifies stream target destinations that the Reseller can enable on each Media Service.
Deleting a Reseller Plan
Reseller Plans are permanently deleted, however it is not possible to delete a Reseller Plan that has Users associated. The # Users displayed next to each plan is a link that will display a page filtering users that are associated with this plan. To delete the plan, you must first unassociate all Customers/Users from the plan.