It is possible to migrate CentovaCast accounts into MediaCP.
Our migration script will transfer all aspects of your CentovaCast installation including:
- Stream accounts with stream password, admin password and other configurations
- AutoDJ configurations
- Mount Point configurations
- All Media files and Playlists
- Intro & Fallback files
- Staff accounts
- Reseller accounts
Our software is also capable of redirecting CentovaCast start pages and stream links to the new URL, the last step of the migration instructions includes enabling port 2199 in the MediaCP also.
- The import script will not make any changes to your centovacast panel except stopping the stream and autodj. Media content/files will be copied from centova and the original files will remain in place after the migration.
- Staff & Reseller passwords cannot be imported and must be reset using the MCP Reset Password feature or by an admin.
- DJ account passwords for liquidsoap cannot be imported and will need to be reset by the customer or an admin after the migration. DJ account passwords for sctransv2 will be imported as normal.
- Centova accounts that are offline or suspended cannot be imported and will be skipped.
- All media content will be COPIED over to the MediaCP so you need to ensure there is adequate space to duplicate the tracks from CentovaCast.
- There will be a brief downtime window at the end of the migration, normally this will last only a few minutes.
Step 1 - Install MediaCP on the same server
You must install our product on the same server as CentovaCast is installed. The MediaCP is fully compatible and will work alongside CentovaCast.
Please refer to the installation instructions
Note: You must install the MediaCP with SSL before completing the migration.
At the end of the installation process, you will be prompted to select the Server & AutoDJ services that you would like to include in the MediaCP. Please make sure to include at minimum the same server & autodj types that are being used in CentovaCast.
Step 2 - Transfer centova accounts to MediaCP
Login to your server via SSH and run the following command to begin importing all the centova accounts.
Additional command line options
Limits the import to process this number of accounts at a time. This is a great way to segment the import process.
/root/init --centova-migration --limit=100
Specify a comma-delimited list of accounts to import only.
/root/init --centova-migration --accounts=test,another,account
By default, the migration will stop centova accounts and restart them into MediaCP during the process. If you would prefer to not stop centova accounts then you can specify the –no-restart in the command line, for example:
/root/init --centova-migration --no-restart
Imports all Icecast 2 services as Icecast 2 KH services in the MediaCP
/root/init --centova-migration --icecast-kh
Imports one account at a time
/root/init --centova-migration --single
Imports all ices AutoDJ as liquidsoap services instead
/root/init --centova-migration --force-ices-liquidsoap
By default all services are imported and will run on all network interfaces, regardless of centova configuration. This option will ensure that the existing IP configuration is preserved.
/root/init --centova-migration --preserve-ip-address
Step 3 - Review services in MediaCP
Login to the MediaCP and you should see all your centova customers and services.
If you have trouble with any services then you can stop them in the MediaCP and restart them in Centova while you contact our support help desk.
Once you have verified all services are online and working appropriately then we recommend stopping CentovaCast and activating the MediaCP on port 2199 to redirect your start pages and stream links:
systemctl stop centovacast; systemctl disable centovacast; /root/init --enable-centova-port;
Now that the centova port is enabled in MediaCP, the start pages and stream links will still work after stopping centova.