Blesta is a third-party software that compliments the Media Control Panel with a a billing and automation component for the primary purpose of selling audio and video streaming services.
Blesta is licensed and installed separately to Media Control Panel. Please refer to the Blesta website for information on pricing and installation.
The Blesta plugin is maintained publicly at https://github.com/mediacontrolpanel/blesta-onpremise
1. Upload the module
- Download the latest plugin from GitHub
- Extract the .zip file to your desktop
- Connect to your Blesta server via FTP and navigate to [Blesta]/components/modules
- Upload the mediacp folder from your desktop to the FTP in the path [Blesta]/components/modules
2. Activate & Configure Module
- Login to your Blesta installation
- Navigate to the [Settings] link at the top right of the screen
- Select the [Modules] title link
- Select the [Available] tab under the Modules title
- Scroll down to locate the MediaCP module and click on the [Install] button
- Click on [Add Server] button
- Fill in the form relating to your MediaCP server:
- Hostname: Enter the domain name used by Media Control Panel. Make sure it is only the host/domain component and not a URL. It should not include https:// or the port number
- Port: The primary port that MediaCP software uses. Default is 2020. Change only if you have configured an alternate port for MediaCP Web.
- Use SSL: Check this box if HTTPS/SSL is configured with MediaCP (default ON).
- API Key: Provide the MediaCP API Key into this field
- Press the [Add Server] button once this is filled out correctly
Create the first Package
- Navigate to [Packages] page from the main Blesta Admin Menu
- Press the [+] button in the right corner of the Packages table to create a new package
- Enter the Package Name such as “Icecast 24Kbps”
- Configure a Pricing Term
- Under [Group Membership] select “Create a New Group” if this is the first MediaCP product or select an existing group. Enter the name for your Package Group such as “Audio Streaming”.
- Select the [Module] tab and select “MediaCP” from the Module dropdown.
- Fill out the form according to the service configuration that you wish to be created then press [Update Package]