Events designate content to play at specific time. It can be used to quickly create recurring blocks of shows. Each event will designate a playlist to use, or can be used to designate when a specific DJ is allowed to broadcast live.
- Drag and drop between hours in a day to quickly create a new Event
- Click, hold and drag an existing event to move to another day or time block
- Right click on an Event provides options to quickly:
- Duplicate the event
- View the playlist tracks belonging to this event
- Delete an event
- Duplicating an event is a great way to quickly recreate an event using the same recipe as you have previously configured on another show.
Event Detailed View
- Type designates whether a Playlist will play during this block, or to permit a DJ to login to the channel at the time.
- Shuffle set to Yes will play tracks in the playlist in a random shuffled order. If Loop is set to No, then the playlist will end once all tracks have been played once.
- Loop designates what should happen when all media has been played. If set to No, then the Event will finish and General Rotation will resume. When set to Yes, the playlist will begin playing from the beginning. Be aware if scheduling a playlist with long tracks (i.e., 1 hour plus in a single track) that the entire track will play again with Loop on, and may run overtime the designated block schedule.
- Interrupt determines if the event should stop playing existing content and begin playing this playlist at the exact scheduled time. This will only work if the previous event interrupt is set to No.
Recurring events are the highlight of the recent software release and allow users to quickly draw up base configurations for the next few months of shows.
Scheduling is designed to work similarly to Microsoft Outlook; where once created, it is possible to move a single block around and it will break apart from its parent schedule. For example, you can create a schedule recurring daily between 9am and 10am, and then adjust a single day (i.e., Friday) to run between 10am and 11am instead, without affecting the remaining schedule.
- Daily / Weekly events will play on each specified day, until the end date is reached. This is a great way to draw up a daily show on the calendar.
- Day of Month allows scheduling on a specific day every month. For example 1st day of every month you can run a particular program.
- Day of week allows scheduling on a particular occurrence of a day each month, for example, the first Sunday of every month.