A single server can handle only so many concurrent streams and viewers before it becomes overloaded. You can scale your server to handle increased capacity by implementing a Content Delivery Network (CDN) into the workflow to offload the viewer connections.
MediaCP is capable of deploying Wowza Streaming Engine application in HTTP Origin mode. Wowza HTTP Origin mode is a special, sessionless mode that uses HTTP caching proxies in front of Wowza Streaming Engine to cache the live or VOD content, thus reducing the load on Wowza Streaming Engine. When HTTP Origin mode is enabled, regular third-party HTTP caching proxies that are configured to cache video content can re-stream the content from the Wowza Streaming Engine application.
- Increase Viewers Capacity beyond the limitations of a single server
- Reliable Streaming – CDNs typically cache content at edges around the world which means fast and reliable access to the broadcast from any location in the world.
- Connections and Statistics Information is not available from MediaCP or Wowza Streaming Engine. The information may be available from your CDN service. For this reason it is typically best suited to serve a single customer per server instance.
- It is not possible to see or limit the number of viewers on a CDN enabled stream.
- Please review the CDN pricing available at Amazon CloudFront CDN – Plans & Pricing