A single server can handle only so many concurrent streams and viewers before it becomes overloaded. You can scale your server to handle increased capacity by implementing a Content Delivery Network (CDN) into the workflow to offload the viewer connections.
MediaCP is capable of deploying Nginx-Rtmp through a CDN to allow for this increased capacity and reliability.
- Increase Viewers Capacity beyond the limitations of a single server
- Reliable Streaming – CDNs typically cache content at edges around the world which means fast and reliable acaess to the broadcast from any location in the world.
- Connections and Statistics Information is not available from MediaCP. The information may be available from your CDN service. For this reason it is typically best suited to serve a single customer per server instance.
- It is not possible to see or limit the number of viewers on a CDN enabled stream.
- Please review the CDN pricing available at Amazon CloudFront CDN – Plans & Pricing
1. Enable MediaCP CDN Capabilities
Contact our Billing & Support department to enable the CDN add-on. Please note additional costs may apply.
2. CloudFront CDN
Create a CloudFront distribution in front of your Nginx-Rtmp streaming port 19360