We generally recommend running only one on your system, because both software are designed to run dedicated on the system and by default both use the same ports (1935, 1936) and a lot of system resources, essentially doubling the resources for the same functionality. For this reason our installation asks to install only one or the other.
To install Wowza Streaming Engine and Flussonic on the same server, it will be required to configure Flussonic to use different ports to Wowza.
Please ensure that all of the following ports are open on the server before attempting this configuration.
- Wowza Streaming Engine – TCP 554, 1935, 1936, 8084, 8086, 8088 & UDP 554
- Flussonic Media Server – TCP 5544, 1937, 3308, 8080, 8081
Install the MediaCP with Flussonic
It’s only possible to select one video engine during the initial installation, in this article we first select flussonic as it is easier to configure flussonic first and in the following steps we’ll come back and install wowza.
Please review System Requirements before installing the Media Control Panel software on your system.
1. Login to your server as root
It is required that you login to the server as a root user to install the Media Control Panel.
2. Run the following in SSH to begin the installation
cd /root;rm -f init;wget http://install.mediacp.net/scripts/init;chmod +x init;./init;
Configure Custom Flussonic ports
This section of the guide will cover the steps to change the default ports on Flussonic.
2. Edit the /etc/flussonic/flussonic.conf file
3. Update the flussonic ports from 1935 and 554 to 1937 and 5544.
4. After updating the ports save the changes. Apply the new port settings in the MediaCP system config under the “Plugins” tab.
5. Restart Flussonic on the server to apply the changes.
service flussonic restart
Install Wowza Streaming Engine
After installing the control panel and configuring Flussonic you can now install Wowza on the server using the default settings. You should use our installation utility to install Wowza Streaming Engine, since it will automatically integrate with MediaCP.
1. Re-run the init script and select the “admin tools” option.
2. Select the “Install Wowza Streaming Engine” option and follow the on screen prompts.
Enable Wowza in the Panel
This section will cover how to enable Wowza in the panel after installation.
1. Login to the mediacp
2. Update your url to point to the plugins configuration