This guide will take you through the steps to perform a quick installation of the Media Control Panel using our installation software.
- The MediaCP is now stand-alone software and no longer requires that apache/php/mysql be installed on your system.
- This script will attempt to install various libraries and software available by your default package manager such as YUM or APT-GET.
- The MediaCP will be installed in /usr/local/mediacp and accessible on port 2000 from http://[your-domain]:2000/
- MediaCP 2.2 is compatible only with CentOS 6, CentOS 7, Debian 7, Debian 8 and will not install on other operating systems or versions.
You will need to determine and have ready the following information:
- MediaCP License Key
- The domain name that you wish to install our software upon.
- If you intend to use Wowza Streaming Engine or Flussonic Media Server, you will require a license from either www.wowza.com or www.flussonic.com
Linux Install Script
- Login to your SSH
root login is a requirement, the installation will not function if you are not logged in as root or have sufficient sudo privileges.
- Copy and paste the following into SSH to begin installation:
cd /root;rm -f init;wget http://install.mediacp.net/scripts/init;chmod +x init;./init
- Setup will now guide you through the installation process.
If you have difficulty, please consult with your server administrator.
We highly recommend that you install an SSL certificate.