This guide will assist you with upgrading MediaCP on Windows 2003, 2008 or 2012 Server Edition. We recommend this be performed by an experienced server administrator.
NOTE: Please ensure you run the Wowza Streaming Engine Upgrade if your server has WSE installed as there are critical configuration upgrades that need to be applied.
Upgrade from 2.1.9.x or older:
Please read the Upgrade from 2.1.9.x or older documentation before continuing.
Upgrade to latest release
Backup your MediaCP files & database
- Run C:/mediacp/xampp-control.exe and press Stop next to each service
- Move the entire contents of c:/mediacp/ directory to your desktop leaving c:/xampp/htdocs/ folder remaining only.
- Run C:/mediacp/xampp-control.exe and press Start next to each service
Download and run installation software
- Download and save the latest version of the installation software:
- Run MediaCP-Install.exe
- Select MediaCP Upgrade and follow the prompts
WHMCS & 3rd Party Billing Systems
If you are using WHMCS, Blesta or another billing system – the latest files are available within MediaCP_latest.zip upload_and_rename/other/ directories. You will want to upgrade these files to take advantage of the latest features.